Blueprint (Fall 2020)
Unloop Project Handoff Call (Spring 2020)
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Project Handoff Call (Spring 2020)
1951 User Testing Session (Fall 2019)
People Power Solar Cooperative Project Handoff Call (Spring 2020)
Blueprint is a non-profit organization aimed at bringing technologies to local nonprofit organizations that are making social change. We want to aid and be part of the group of community builders who are doing meaningful productive work. Each semester, teams of seven to eight students work with nonprofit organizations to implement technologies for efficiency and accessibility. We work on web and mobile applications for our clients to help them address and solve some of their systemic problems.
🔍 We are looking for:
- You think critically about what you build and why. Collaborating with NPO’s and the communities they serve is your idea as a starting point in building the right thing.
- You enjoy building equitable and inclusive solutions for communities. You’re willing to put the time and energy to ensure the solutions you’re building match the needs and experiences of the communities you are building for.
- You value listening to others perspectives while also providing your own.
- You enjoy figuring out how things work. Whether you have no experience developing or have already dabbled in our stacks, you find learning about new technologies like TypeScript, Next.js, Prisma to PWAs (Progressive Web Apps) exciting.
- You enjoy growing by taking on new challenges and teaching the lessons you learn along the way. When we work on our projects for our NPOs, developers get to share their work, the challenges they faced and the lessons they learned
🌿 What you will do:
- Engage in regular conversations with our nonprofit partners to ideate technical solutions that optimally support the communities they serve.
- Collaborate with a team of designers, developers, and Project Leaders to build accessible solutions for nonprofits and communities.
- Develop full-stack features and documentation for our projects assigned through weekly/bi-weekly tasks from your Project Leader. Participate in regular weekly work-sessions and meetings with project team.
- Learn the fundamentals of full-stack project development through Blueprint's developer onboarding program and mentorship buddy system.
- Partake in critical conversations around social justice in the context of your team's project and the overall social good space.